Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ode to Winter



Sunday July 22 2012

As I melt and disintegrate in my puddle of sweat, 

I dream of winter, where

brains don't fry

motivation doesn't wither

ambition doesn't shrivel

ice cubes in your iced tea last longer

there are no bugs bugging horses

there are no bugs that, no matter how tight you keep your doors shut, swarm your lights at night and discourage you from reading, and leave a coating of bugs on your desk (table, sink, bed) in the morning like a dusting of black powdered sugar

rattlesnakes are huddled in dens dreaming of summer, instead of laying beside trails rattling and hissing at your horse

Lightning storms don't strike fear in hearts and fire danger doesn't exist

It's too damn hot to do anything but close my eyes, and dream of winter. Please, Winter, come early!

9 comments:

  1. I don't know if I want winter yet, but ten inches of rain and some 70s (for a high, not a low) would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ick.....

    I love fall, except that's when hunting season starts and I have to watch out for hunters on the trail.

    Summer bugs are definitely no fun, but winter snows I can do without.

    We have no rattlesnakes here, thank goodness! And the bugs seem to pretty much stay out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I get my hay stacked and tarped, it can snow all it wants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that! I'll settle for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya! I don't care for summer...so WHY do I live in AZ???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summer looks very much hotter and more flammable than mine. There again, your winter looks really cold - and clean without all the mud that we face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring and autumn all the way! :)

    I'm in the middle of winter here and although not affected by snow, have frosts, cold winds, rain, muck - altogether not good for the motivation either and although bugs aren't annoying our horses, the weather's making it difficult to do much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosanne, GOOD QUESTION!!!

    Christine, where do you live??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sissy!!!!!! Just right for me.....

    ReplyDelete