Friday, October 29, 2010

It Takes a Village



Friday October 29 2010

It takes a village to get to an endurance ride: approximately 8 people, about 9 horses and a day or two of packing the entire farm into three horse trailers - all this to drive to basecamp only 10 miles down the road.


It's time for the second annual Owyhee Hallowed Weenies endurance ride.


The weather during Friday's vet-in was perfect - cool and clear, just perfect for a hundred miles of riding at the end of the season in the Pacific Northwest.


More photos, and stories coming on Endurance.net at:
http://www.endurance.net/international/USA/2010OwyheeHallowedWeenies/

4 comments:

  1. ~C and I overpack for local rides too. We call it "running away from home," because we're like little kids packing everything we own and running away from our mean parents but not actually getting very far. My husband knows what I mean when I ask where my running-away-from-home bag is.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like great weather for a ride like that.

    Dudley looks super smart in his costume. He has good taste in the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were there! You all have a good ride, ride one mile for me ♥

    ReplyDelete