Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2009 Owyhee Canyonlands - Day 2



Wednesday September 30 2009

It makes me ache a bit... not my busted rib but my endurance bones... watching all these people ride these great trails without me... but, I haven't given up hope yet for riding a day or two.

It was a cold and blustery day over the Castle Creek Canyon trail, everybody having a good time anyway.

A good number of mustangs, or part mustangs at the 5-day this year. There's also one here that's up for adoption. I have a thing for mustangs. If I were 20 years younger, I'd take her, but I'm not, and I'm not. Here are several in today's rides.


(This one is Janet and 'Ladybug' - the mare's got something like 70 starts and only one pull, and that was for overtime.)









(This is one of my favorite Pacific Northwest horses, Rocky. Rocky's HUGE - about 17.2 hands. Dick said "See all the burrs in his tail? We got off trail a bit." Meaning Rocky was a bit wild the first 15 miles or so.)


(Naomi and Karlady, a half mustang: her mama was Mustang Lady, who's in the AERC Hall of Fame.)

The out vet check for the LD was at an old homestead. It sure made you think about what it must have been like to live here.






Here's the cutest girl ever, who decided to do her second ride today, and she finished again!


The winner of the 50 miler today: 10-year-old Barrak!


And some random shots at the out vet check:








More photos, and results, on Endurance.net

No comments:

Post a Comment