Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2009 Owyhee Canyonlands - Day 1



Tuesday September 29 2009

First day of the 5-day ride. My rib's still knitting, so I worked the ride and took some photos. Dreadful light for good photos today (and trying out a different camera and lens), but great overcast, cool, breezy weather for the horses.

The sun came out for approximately 17 seconds today, for these two riders.




Jacinta is one of my heroes. She's in her 70's and still rides, and rides well, and has this GORGEOUS, well behaved gelding. I got to ride a 50 with her last year. If my rib makes it, I might get to do a 50 with her this week!


This is probably the cutest girl ever. 11 years old, did her first endurance ride. She finished it with her mom, and got a great cheer as her name was called out at the awards. She had a big smile on her face from sun up to sun down!. Note her blue helmet and jacket and bag matches her pony's blue eyes!




Many more photos and results on Endurance.net

No comments:

Post a Comment